Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dad's little shelf




I'm still trying to incorporate some of my Mom and Dad's things into our home so I go in the garage where their furniture is. This little shelf lived in their apartment, and also my Dad's, to show off two little Korean dolls he brought home after the war. It matched a beautiful, large oriental fan that decorated their bedroom wall.

It's just particle board painted black. Nothing fancy but it could live on the wall in our TV room to hold a speaker. I used some metallic paint, lightly dabbed onto the surface with a paintbrush.




It looks a little like granite or marble.


 And here it is!! Perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on Social Media

In 2018, I stopped posting here as I was using Facebook to interact with my family and friends. Now I’ve added an account on Instagram so I ...