Saturday, September 6, 2014

I'm stuck on the Lowboy. Help!!

Here is the Lowboy that has lived in every room downstairs. It is brown with brown faux leather inserts on rage drawers and sides. I'd like to keep it in the family room but add a little style. 



My first try at beautification was ASCP in Old White on the wood trim. I added a little distressing. 
The top and inserts got a burnt sienna wash.



Below is where Mr. Lowboy is leasing space in the hallway through the family room. 

Next I painted the top with Creme paint. Blah.



Here is an example of the Old White/Creme with sandpaper distressing and ASCP Cocoa in the grooves.



So, then I tried using Cocoa on the top.




Going crazy, I covered the top again in Olde White. Still blah. So I brought out the sandpaper and went a little wild. Interesting but it now has that "side of the old barn" look.







Now I made a bold decision.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on Social Media

In 2018, I stopped posting here as I was using Facebook to interact with my family and friends. Now I’ve added an account on Instagram so I ...