Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sad to report: had to recover the footstool.

As I wrote a while back, the Old White chalk paint and wax method on the vinyl footstool looked so great!! Until the animals and daughters used it. It got scratched and the corners cracked from use us putting our feet pushed against them. I kept painting over the blemishes until the paint was just too thick and cracked more. I really think less paint would have worked longer. 

 


Oh well, so I saw this photo:


Which was exciting because I already had fabric just like the zebra pattern!! 

So, out came the scissors and the handy-dandy fabric glue, and viola!!


Cut to fit against the trim that's already there.


I just folded the hem under, glued and taped. 



Now, cats and people can use the footstool and everyone is happy. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on Social Media

In 2018, I stopped posting here as I was using Facebook to interact with my family and friends. Now I’ve added an account on Instagram so I ...