Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Another project with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Another project with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Full disclosure!!! The family pets and children scratched and cracked the paint. I kept painting over it until it had too many layers. See new post for part 2.

I don't have a "before" picture handy but here is our black vinyl footstool after a first coat of Old White chalk paint. I took my time reading about painting vinyl with this paint and was so happy to see many examples of chairs, stools and cushions, etc.  knowing how strong the chalk paint holds up, I took a chance. 

I used a small roller to apply lightly, just making a base coat.







---------
This is after three coats with a wide foam brush. I did sand but the cat jumped up on it and I had to do a quick coat over that so i didn't sand it again. 

I applied Annie Sloan wax to seal the paint and have a nice gloss.






---
Here it is!! beautiful, shiny and not BLACK!




---
It adds a lighter tone to the room along with the white shag rug.





I love it!!


This project helped me from having the blues as I've been so sick the last two weeks. As of yesterday I am feeling so much better! I sound like myself when I talk!! Not sure what is next. Maybe that Lowboy in the foyer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on Social Media

In 2018, I stopped posting here as I was using Facebook to interact with my family and friends. Now I’ve added an account on Instagram so I ...