Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lake House Kitchen Backsplash Project!!

Here is Steve and Lexie sorting out the kitchen the first summer we visited the Lake House. Notice the grey backing board on the backsplash. At the time not even the electric outlets were fastened to the all and had no plug covers. The previous owners had planned to tile this area but didn't get to it. And neither did I that summer or the next...

So, first I took down the boards and decided to paint to match the rest of the room. The backing was plain old paneling so I used some kiltz before trying to cover the wood. It took several coats but it finally came out very nice.

In between coats I touched up the white cabinets.



Then I painted two unfinished pedestals white to match the cabinets and placed one at each end of the upper cabinets for effect.
What a nice vacation kitchen! All ready for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up on Social Media

In 2018, I stopped posting here as I was using Facebook to interact with my family and friends. Now I’ve added an account on Instagram so I ...